The Misamis University Research Center (MURC) envisions in becoming leading research institution where excellence, diversity and relevance coexist in its pursuit for quality education and human life advancement through scientific expansion and technological innovations necessary for sustainable development and global competitiveness.
It is committed to strengthen the research function of Misamis University in enhancing academic excellence and in promoting collaborative research activities that contribute to the local and national agenda of food security, poverty alleviation and rapid economic growth, biodiversity conservation and environmental protection and other development thrusts of the nation.
- To promote and conduct relevant and quality research activities that support effective instruction and are responsive to the needs of the community and society;
- To develop research competencies among faculty, staff and students of the University through trainings and seminars;
- To develop networking capability among Research Units of the University as well as with other research and funding institutions;
- To create a database of scientific information in various fields of specialization that is accessible by all members of the community;
- To disseminate the research output of the University to all constituents of the community through publications and other means of enhancing public awareness;
- To enhance collaborative and participatory research with the various communities of Misamis Occidental in particular;
- To seek for external funding agencies in providing financial assistance to the research agenda of the University;
- To design and implement an evaluative scheme that could assess the development, conduct, monitoring of research process and dissemination of research output to all sectors of society;
- To carry out fund-raising programs that help sustain the research needs of the University and the society; and
- To develop and sustain the research culture of Misamis University.