The Misamis University Library endeavors to provide and maintain a strong library collection capable of supporting the instructional research and other bibliographical needs of both students and faculty. The Library system consists of Graduate, Undergraduate, Secondary and Elementary libraries. The present collection is not only large; its quality, depth and range are also strong in many areas like Humanities, Science and Technology. The University Library is responsible to render services to all students, faculty and staff of the University and also extend its services to outside researchers.
Vision / Mission
The Misamis University Library System aims to be the world class academic Resource Center of Information and services to support the university objectives of providing the community with a progressive and dynamic education. It aims to provide quality Information Center with complete modern facilities of various formats that provides the knowledge and skills for a globally competitive libraries in the world.
- Develop and maintain strong and adequate collections that support the instructional programs of the institution.
- Provide adequate facilities and services efficiently and effectively.
- Acquire, preserve, and develop the necessary resources for reference, research, and recreational purposes.
- Provide efficient and effective facilities and services.
- Organize and maintain the needed technical services of cataloging, classifying, indexing, filing and other bibliographic work.
- Develop effective reference and circulation services for readers.
- Encourage the maximum use of the library resources among the academic community.
- Coordinate with the instructional and administrative staff in planning a dynamic development program for the Library.
- Strive toward the full computerization of the whole library system.
- Assess the effectives of the Library services and use for purposes of planning and development.
The Library admits four types of users and readers:
- Faculty and Staff